(1)Fundamental Stance on the Protection of Personal Information
We, Nichirei Logistics Group Inc. and its Group companies* (hereinafter, the “Nichirei Logistics Group”) consider the appropriate handling of personal information and specific personal information* obtained from our customers and other stakeholders to be a corporate social responsibility. We recognize the importance of such personal information and protect it appropriately, in accordance with the personal information protection policy described below.
*Click here for definitions of Group companies
*Click here for definitions of personal information and specific personal information
(2)Personal Information Protection Policy
- To obtain and maintain the trust of customers and other stakeholders, Nichirei Logistics Group complies with Japanese government guidelines, other rules related to the handling of both personal information and specific personal information, as well as Japanese laws and regulations, including the Act on the Protection of Personal Privacy and the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure.
- With regard to using personal information and specific personal information that has been provided to us, Nichirei Logistics Group either obtains the consent of the individual in advance or, when obtaining personal information through appropriate methods such as by notifying the individual or obtaining information as publicized on our website, we have measures in place to ensure that personal information is not handled in a manner outside the scope required to achieve the advertised objective for which the personal information and specific personal information is to be used.
- Nichirei Logistics Group does not provide personal information and specific personal information to third parties, except when entrusting the handling of information to third parties within the declared scope of use, or in cases when the provision of information to third parties is legitimate, based on Japanese laws and regulations.
- Nichirei Logistics Group strives to ensure that the personal information and specific personal information it holds is accurate, up to date, and pertinent to the advertised scope of use. We also endeavor to prevent fraudulent access to, or leaks of, personal information and specific personal information, as well as loss of, or damage to, such information. When we determine that improvements are necessary, we implement corrective measures.
- Nichirei Logistics Group responds promptly if requested to give the reason personal information or specific personal information is used; to disclose, revise, or halt the use of such information; and if a complaint or request for consultation is lodged.
- Nichirei Logistics Group has in place and maintains internal systems appropriately and safely to protect personal information and specific personal information. The efforts to improve these systems are ongoing.
Representative Director and President
※1 Definition of Group Companies
Group companies are those in which Nichirei Logistics Group a majority of voting rights (hereinafter, “Subsidiaries”) and those in which its Subsidiaries hold a majority of voting rights (hereinafter, “Subsidiaries’ Subsidiaries”), as well as companies in which Subsidiaries’ Subsidiaries hold a majority of voting rights. Click here to see a list of principal Group companies.
※2 Personal information and specific personal information
To clearly differentiate between personal information and specific personal information as described in this policy, the terms are defined as follows.
- Personal information ： This is information that does not include the numbers allocated to individuals for their lifetime by the Japanese government (based on the Act on the Use of Numbers to Identify a Specific Individual in the Administrative Procedure). Known as the Social Security and Tax Number System, it is to be used for administrative procedures related to social security, taxation, and disaster response in Japan.
- Specific personal information ： This information comprises the numbers permanently allocated to individuals by the Japanese government, as well as personal information related to those individual numbers.
Nichirei Group’s protection of personal informationAbout Nichirei Group’s handling of personal information
About Nichirei Group’s handling of specific personal information
Our thinking regarding the handling of personal information collected through this site is as follows.
(1)Range of use
(2)Collection and use of information
In the course of a visit to this site, Nichirei Logistics Group may ask for a visitor's e-mail address or other personal information, but we will only ask for information necessary for using services provided by the web site.
Depending on the type of service that is used, we may ask for more specific personal information.
Information, such as the visitor’s IP address, cookie information, and which pages were viewed, is automatically collected from the visitor’s browser and recorded on our server, but does not identify individual users.
Nichirei Logistics Group uses such information for the following four purposes:
- Further improvement of products or online services
- Sending of products, catalogs, or informational publications
- Informing customers of new services or products
- Customization of information viewed by the customer to make it more easily understandable
This site makes use of digital IDs issued by VeriSign Japan in order to protect visitors' personal information. On personal information entry pages, we offer SSL encrypted communication. In order to make use of pages with SSL encryption (pages whose URL begins with https://), please set your browser to enable use of SSL.
Note: Instructions for enabling use of SSL vary depending on the browser used.
(4)Changes to this policy